WELCOME!

Welcome!

This is to share all the cross stitching work I have done so you all can make something similar, get ideas, or just browse. Please feel free to ask questions and help yourselves to the patterns as well as the ideas.

Tag, share, and invite your friends.

I can't guarantee any kind of regularity, I'll just put up what I have when I've finished it.

Everything here is not for profit. None of the pieces are for sale. Please do not take these ideas and sell them as your own. I do my best to not pirate the works of others, please do your best to do the same.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Elephant Frame



What is it: A frame for a baby picture

Size: 9.75" x 6.75" holds about a 3.5" x 4" (I know, I need plan the sizes better)


Colors: 
  • Dark Blue Outline: 312
  • Royal Blue: 3843
  • Sky Blue: 3766
  • Sea foam green: 958
  • Elephant Skin: 644
  • Dark Elephant Gray (and elephant back stitch): 645
  • Elephant Pink: 945
The little white patches are to hold the picture.

I found the border online and I adjusted it to fit my purposes.  I got the elephant out of a book that I got at Joanns.  The font is just what would make it fit.  The dates are complete with days and years, but I removed them and the last name in the interest of privacy.

Here's the design, I made it on 10 square-per-inch grid paper.
There is a small discrepancy between the design and the finished product.  If you look in the bottom right corner, the sky blue has one square transposed with the dark blue outline.  It makes the sky blue symmetrical and the royal blue next to it continuous.  The discrepancy is the same where ever the pattern repeats on both the top and the bottom.

Please feel free to make this for yourself or as a gift, but do not reproduce for profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment